Five minutes to prep and five minutes to cook, this side dish of garlic spinach comes with a rich sauce and a garnish of toasted sesame seeds.
- 4 large handfuls spinach rinsed and drained well
- 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Roughly chop the spinach (see notes after the recipe).
- Heat the sesame oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Add the spinach. Sprinkle with a little salt and pepper. Stir fry for a minute.
- Add the garlic. Stir fry for another minute. Turn off the heat.
- Mix together the soy sauce, oyster sauce and sugar. Pour over the spinach. Stir a few times.
- Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds before serving.
Include the stalks if they are tender; use only the leaves if the stalks are tough. Updated from a recipe originally published in October 30, 2012