Franks and Beans (Beanie Weenies)
- Slash the frankfurters to prevent them from curling.
- Peel and mince the garlic.
- Peel and thinly slice the onion.
- Dice the tomatoes.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Lightly fry the frankfurters. Push to them one side of the pan.
- Add the garlic, onion and tomatoes to the oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add the thyme and oregano. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, until the vegetables soften.
- Pour in the baked beans. Stir. Taste; add more salt and pepper, as needed. Cook until bubbly.
- To serve, ladle a generous amount of beans into a bowl. Top with a frankfurter.
- Serve the franks and beans with scrambled eggs on the side.