Faux Pesto and Cheese ToastBy
- 6 slices bread
- ⅛ teaspoon garlic paste or 1 clove garlic, peeled and minced
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried basil
- 3 generous pinches Italian Blend Herb Salt it’s a home blend; plain salt is okay
- 125 grams shredded cheese I used Pepper Jack
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper or silicone mat.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread (optional) then cut each slice into two triangles (see notes after the recipe).
- In a bowl, mix the garlic paste, olive oil, basil and salt.
- Spread a scant teaspoonful of the basil mixture on each triangle of bread.
- Spread a tablespoonful of shredded Pepper Jack cheese on each piece of bread.
- Arrange the bread triangles on the prepared baking tray (make sure they don’t touch one another so that all sides will get licked by the heat).
- Bake at 400F for three to four minutes or just until the cheese melts and the sides of the bread triangles are browned.
- Enjoy your faux pesto and cheese breakfast toast with coffee.