Easy Pan-fried Scallops with Bacon
- 12 large scallops
- 100 grams belly bacon (smoked, not honeycured)
- juice of half a lemon
- roughly chopped fresh parsley
- Finely slice the bacon.
- Spread the bacon in a hot oil-free non-stick pan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until fat had been rendered and the bacon’s color turns deeper (you can go on cooking until the bacon bits are crisp — totally up to you).
- Scoop out the bacon bits. Keep the heat on.
- To the bacon fat in the pan, add the scallops.
- Cook to sear, about two minutes per side.
- Pour in the lemon juice, scraping to loosen whatever bits are sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Transfer the scallops to a plate.
- Pour over the pan juices.
- Add the bacon bits.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve hot.