Easy No Egg Chocolate MousseBy
- 150 grams marshmallows
- ¼ cup butter
- 250 grams semi-sweet dark chocolate chopped
- 1 cup whipping cream
- chopped toasted nuts to garnish (optional)
- whipped cream to garnish (optional)
- Soften the butter in a thick-bottomed pan over very low heat.
- Add the chocolate and marshmallows.
- Pour in one-third cup of hot water.
- Heat everything together, stirring often, over very low heat.
- Cook, scraping the sides and bottom of the pan often, until the mixture acquires a uniform color.
- Cool the chocolate and marshmallow mixture to room temperature.
- In a cold bowl, whip the cream until double in volume.
- Add a quarter cup of the cooled chocolate-marshmallow mixture and fold in gently.
- Add the remaining chocolate-marshmallow mixture and fold in until no white streaks remain.
- Chill your no egg chocolate mousse until ready to serve.
- To serve, scoop or ladle (or use a piping bag) the chocolate mousse into small bowls or dessert glasses.
- Optionally, sprinkle in chopped toasted nuts and top with a dollop of whipped cream before serving.