A much simpler version of my very popular salmon cheese bake with crispy crumb topping, this main dish for one cooks in 20 minutes with no fuss at all.
Think “Parmigiana” — that’s the best way to get an idea of the experience you’ll have eating this dish. It has cheese, tomato sauce and protein. But salmon instead of the traditional veal. The cheese is not Parmigiana either. The layering is different too. Melted cheese on top of broiled salmon served in a pool of chunky tomato sauce.
Easy Cheesy Broiled Salmon
- Preheat the oven to 425F (bottom and top heat on).
- Take a small baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil.
- Lay the salmon on the baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Broil the salmon for eight minutes (the actual broiling time may vary depending on the size of the fillet).
- Meanwhile, heat up the tomato sauce.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and pile the grated cheese on top.
- Return to the oven and broil for another 30 seconds or just until the cheese melts.
- To assemble your meal, place the salmon on a plate (make sure to scoop out whatever melted cheese may have fallen on the baking sheet). Spoon the tomato sauce around the salmon. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve at once with rice or bread.