Cucumber and Salami SandwichesBy
- 8 slices white loaf bread
- 8 very thin slices good-quality salami
- 1 cucumber (see notes after the recipe)
- ¼ cup mayonnaise (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 to 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- Thinly slice the cucumber.
- Whisk together the mayo and grainy mustard.
- Cut off the crusts of the bread.
- Spread four slices with mayonnaise.
- Cut the salami into halves.
- Arrange two pieces on the bread so that the cut sides are parallel to the “near” and “far” edges.
- Lay two more pieces of salami on the bread, this time, the cut sides parallel to the side edges (with this kind of arrangement, when you cut each sandwich into four smaller pieces, there will be salami peaking through all the edges).
- Start piling on the cucumber slices (I think I made three of four layers).
- Cover with the four remaining slices of bread.
- Cut each sandwich into quarters.
- Serve, savor and enjoy.