Breakfast at noon? Why Not?
Corn and Cheese Mini MuffinsBy
- ¼ cup butter softened
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup yellow cornmeal
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup milk
- ⅓ cup cubed sharp cheddar if you can find jalapeño cheddar, the better
- ¼ cup cubed feta
- ¼ cup cubed mozzarella
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- shredded kernels from one small ear of yellow corn
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line the holes of the mini muffin pan(s) with paper cups.
- In a bowl, whisk the softened butter, sugar, honey and egg until smooth.
- Mix in the flour, cornmeal and baking powder.
- Pour in the milk slowly, mixing as you pour.
- Add the cheeses and parsley to the batter. Fold gently.
- Add the corn kernels and continue folding until all the solid ingredients are evenly distributed.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin pan(s).
- Bake at 350F for 20 minutes (for medium-sized muffins, bake for an additional five to seven minutes).
- Cool the muffins in the pan(s) for a few minutes.
- Lift the muffins on one side then tilt them so that air can circulate to prevent trapped steam from condensing inside the holes which can make the muffins soggy.
- Serve the muffins warm.