Corn and Bean SaladBy
- ⅓ cup canned black-eyed beans
- ⅔ cup canned sweet corn kernels
- ½ cup canned pineapple tidbits
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 2 medium tomatoes seeds removed then chopped
- 1 small avocado chopped
- 1 finger chili thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon finely sliced scallions
- 1 tablespoon torn cilantro
- Drain the beans, corn and pineapple tidbits well. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped onion, tomatoes, avocado and chili. Toss.
- Drizzle in the lemon or lime juice. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper. Toss again. Taste. Add more lemon or lime juice, salt or pepper, or all of them, as needed.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and chill the in the fridge for 15 to 30 minutes to allow the flavors to infuse.
- Take the salad out of the fridge, taste again and add more lemon or juice, salt or pepper, or all of them.
- Add the sliced scallions and chopped parsley. Toss a few more times. Serve the black-eyed beans and corn salad slightly chilled.