Coconut and Lychee SorbetBy
- Ice cream maker
- meat from 2 young coconuts (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 227-gram can lychees drained with the syrup reserved
- juice from 2 young coconuts about two cups
- 4 tablespoons sugar or to taste
- Cut the coconut meat into small pieces.
- Do the same with the lychees.
- Pour the coconut juice into the blender.
- Add the sugar, coconut meat and lychees.
- Pulse, or process, depending on how fine or coarse you want the coconut meat and lychees.
- Mix with the lychee syrup and chill for six hours.
- Pour the chilled mixture into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- To serve, scoop as you would your ice cream.
- Top with fresh mint leaves, if you like.