Clams Pasta ArrabbiataBy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ teaspoon chili flakes
- pinch oregano
- 2 tablespoons sliced black olives drained
- 1 tablespoon capers drained
- 1 ½ cups diced tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- ½ kilogram fresh clams soaked and rinsed
- 120 grams pasta any shape, cooked al dente
- chiffonaded basil to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic, onion, chili flakes and oregano. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the olives and capers. Continue sauteeing for another minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes. Season with salt, pepper and a little sugar. Simmer, covered, until reduced by a quarter. It takes about 10 minutes.
- Turn up the heat. Add the clams to the sauce. Stir. Cover the pan and cook just until the shells open.
- Turn off the heat. Taste the sauce and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
- Add the pasta to the clams and sauce. Toss well.
- Divide the clams pasta arrabbiata among three bowls. Garnish with chiffonaded basil and and serve.