Cinnamon Sugar Breakfast MuffinsBy
- 1 tablespoon vegetable cooking oil
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup milk
To coat the muffins
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter melted
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly brush the holes of your muffin pans with vegetable oil (I used two pans with a capacity of 2 1/8 oz. per hole).
- Sift the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg into a mixing bowl.
- Add the egg, milk and melted butter.
- Stir just until moistened. Twelve strokes should do it (see notes after the recipe).
- Using an ice cream scoop, fill the holes of the muffin pans with the batter.
- Bake at 350F for 12 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the holes of the muffin pans.
- Take muffins out of the oven and cool for about five minutes (they will look pale when they come out of the pan but, if you did the batter right, they should be very well risen).
- Loosen the muffins from the pan (if you oiled the holes of the muffin pans, you can just lift out the muffins without any problem).
- Whisk together the cinnamon and sugar.
- Dip each muffin in the melted butter. The top AND sides for maximum deliciousness.
- Roll the buttered muffins in cinnamon sugar.
- Serve your cinnamon sugar breakfast muffins with brewed coffee or tea, or your preferred morning beverage.