Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough BrowniesBy
For the chocolate chip cookie dough
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 7″ x 11″ pan and line with a sheet of aluminum foil or parchment paper which should be large enough to leave overhangs on all sides to make lifting the cooked baked product easily.
Make the chocolate cookie dough
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate morsels. The cookie dough will be soft but not runny.
- Divide the cookie dough into three portions.
- Spread two-thirds on the lined baking pan.
- Chill the remaining one-third.
Make the brownie mix
- Place the chocolate and butter in a large glass mixing bowl. Heat in the microwave, at MEDIUM heat, for three to four minutes or until softened. Alternatively, use a double boiler and melt over hot water. Beat the chocolate and butter until smooth. Cool.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
- Add the sugar and salt. Mix.
- Add the flour and coffee granules. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the brownie mix on top of the chocolate cookie dough.
- Take the chilled chocolate cookie dough out of the fridge.
- Drop by pinches on top of the brownie mix.
- Put the baking pan in the oven and bake for an hour to an hour and a half. Check after an hour for doneness by piercing the center with a toothpick of skewer.
- Cool the baked slab completely in the pan (I cooled it overnight at room temperature) before cutting the chocolate chip cookie dough brownies into squares or rectangles.