Chocolate Chip and Walnut Cookies
- Roast the walnuts in an oil free frying pan for a couple of minutes, tossing often. Do not allow to darken. Cool.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the egg and vanilla essence. Beat until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate morsels and cooled chopped nuts. The cookie dough will be soft but not runny.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased cookie sheet keeping the mounds at least two inches apart (I used two cookie sheets).
- Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until the edges are lightly browned.
- Cool the cookies in the pan for a couple of minutes to firm them up a bit as they are still soft when they come out of the oven.
- Using a spatula, carefully lift them and transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. The chocolate chip and walnut cookies turn crisp after cooling.