Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
Weather won't allow you to grill outdoors? Use a stovetop grill to cook shrimp skewers. The oven won't do because you have to baste the shrimps repeatedly.
- Dry the shrimps with paper towels, place in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, toss and set aside.
- Make the basting sauce by mixing together the garlic, ginger, chilies, melted butter, lime juice and honey.
- Thread the shrimps with the bamboo skewers (see notes after the recipe).
- Preheat the stovetop grill and brush lightly with oil. Set the heat on HIGH.
- Arrange the shrimp skewers on the grill at an inch apart. Do not touch them during the first 30 seconds to allow the undersides to cook and char properly.
- Flip the skewers over after about a minute and brush the top sides with sauce.
- Grill the opposite sides for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Flip and brush the top sides with more sauce.
- Repeat the grilling, flipping and brushing two to three times.
- Serve the grilled chili lime shrimp skewers at once.
Depending on the size of the shrimps and the length of your skewers, you can have anywhere from three to eight shrimps per skewer. Remember not to thread too tightly so that the heat can touch every part of each shrimp. Updated from a recipe originally published in June 12, 2016