Chili Lime Shrimp Skewers
- Dry the shrimps with paper towels, place in a bowl, add the salt and pepper, toss and set aside.
- Make the basting sauce by mixing together the garlic, ginger, chilies, melted butter, lime juice and honey.
- Thread the shrimps with the bamboo skewers (see notes after the recipe).
- Preheat the stovetop grill and brush lightly with oil. Set the heat on HIGH.
- Arrange the shrimp skewers on the grill at an inch apart. Do not touch them during the first 30 seconds to allow the undersides to cook and char properly.
- Flip the skewers over after about a minute and brush the top sides with sauce.
- Grill the opposite sides for another 15 to 20 seconds.
- Flip and brush the top sides with more sauce.
- Repeat the grilling, flipping and brushing two to three times.
- Serve the grilled chili lime shrimp skewers at once.