Chicken Teriyaki Noodle BowlBy
- 500 grams chicken thigh fillets
- sesame seed oil
- 1/4 cup Japanese soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1/4 cup mirin
For the noodles
- 150 grams fresh egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- toasted sesame seeds
- sliced scallions
Cook the chicken teriyaki
- Wipe the chicken thigh fillets dry with paper towels and cut into one-inch cubes.
- Brush the entire bottom of a heavy frying pan with sesame seed oil and heat.
- Spread the chicken cubes on the hot oil in a single layer, skin side down.
- Cook over high heat until the skins are lightly browned and starting to render fat.
- Pour in the soy sauce, sake and mirin.
- Cook the chicken cubes over high heat, tossing them around occasionally, until they have soaked up the liquid and their surface is sticky and glossy.
Stir fry the noodles
- While the chicken cooks, heat a teaspoonful of sesame seed oil in a large wok or frying pan.
- Stir fry the noodles until each strand is coated with oil.
- Drizzle in the soy sauce, oyster sauce and hoisin sauce.
- Stir fry until the seasonings are evenly distributed and the noodles are heated through.
Assemble the chicken teriyaki noodle bowls
- Divide the noodles among four bowls.
- Divide the chicken teriyaki into four portions and arrange one portion over the noodles in each bowl.
- Sprinkle with sesame seeds and sliced scallions.
- Serve the chicken teriyaki noodle bowl immediately.