Chicken Potato Curry SaladBy
- 500 grams potatoes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 finger chili
- ½ cup Japanese mayo
- juice of one lemon
- ground pepper
To complete the salad
- 1 bag bag lettuce
- 1 small cucumber
- 1 bell pepper
To cook the chicken and potato curry
- 2 tablespoons oil
Marinate the chicken
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Wipe the chicken fillets dry with paper towels and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Put the onion and chicken in a bowl, add the curry powder and salt, and mix well.
Boil the potatoes
- Peel the potatoes and cut into 1 ½ inch cubes.
- Boil water in a pot and add the salt and vinegar.
- Drop the cubed potatoes in the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
Make the dressing
- While the potatoes boil, finely chop the finger chili.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the Japanese mayo, chili, lemon juice and pepper. Taste and add salt, if needed.
Prep the salad vegetables
- Tear the lettuce into smaller pieces, rinse well and dry in a salad spinner.
- Cut the cucumber into thin strips.
- Core and deseed the bell pepper, and cut into strips.
Cook the chicken and potato curry
- Heat the cooking oil in a pan and dump in the chicken curry mixture. Cook over medium heat, stirring often, for about five minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and add to the chicken. Cook, stirring, for another five minutes.
- Taste the chicken and potato curry and adjust the seasonings, if needed.
Assemble the potato chicken curry salad
- Line four salad bowls with lettuce and top with the prepared cucumber and bell pepper strips.
- Pile the potato chicken curry on top of the raw vegetables and drizzle in the prepared dressing.