- 4 chicken thigh fillets see notes after the recipe
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- ¾ cup panko
- cooking oil for frying
Pasta in tomato cream sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion peeled and grated
- 4 cloves garlic peeled and grated
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup finely chopped bell pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 150 grams spaghetti cooked and drained well
To complete the dish
- shredded mozzarella as much as you like
- chopped parsley
Fry the chicken
- Pound the chicken between sheets of cling wrap until the meat is half an inch in thickness.
- Lay the chicken pieces flat and sprinkle with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place the flour, beaten egg and panko in three shallow bowls.
- Dredge each chicken thigh in flour; shake off the excess.
- Dip each floured chicken thigh in the beaten egg, making sure that every inch of the surface is coated with egg.
- Roll each chicken fillet in panko. Make sure that the panko coating is even.
- Heat enough cooking oil so that it is at least an inch and a half deep.
- Over medium heat, fry the breaded chicken fillets for two to three minutes per side.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels.
Cook the pasta in tomato cream sauce
- In another pan, heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onion, garlic and oregano for a minute.
- Pour in the tomato sauce.
- Stir in the sun-dried tomatoes and bell pepper.
- Sprinkle in a little salt, pepper and sugar.
- Simmer the sauce for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sour cream.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- Toss in the pasta.
- Set aside and keep warm.
Fry the chicken a second time
- Pour more oil into the frying pan so that the depth is at least three inches.
- Turn up the heat to high and fry the chicken fillets a second time until nicely browned and crisp.
- Drain the chicken on paper towels then transfer to a chopping board and cut into half-inch slices.
Assemble the dish
- Divide the pasta among flour plates or bowls, piling on one side only, and sprinkle generously with mozzarella.
- Melt the mozzarella with a kitchen torch.
- Arrange the sliced fried chicken on the other side of the plates or bowls.
- Sprinkle in chopped parsley before serving.