Chicken Egg Drop SoupBy
- 4 cups chicken bone broth (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 cup cauliflower florets
- 1 handful spinach leaves
- ½ cup shredded cooked chicken
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 2 large eggs
- Reserve ¼ cup of broth and heat the rest in a pot until boiling.
- Add the cauliflower florets to the broth, lower the heat, cover the pot and simmer for five minutes.
- Dissolve the tapioca starch in the reserved broth and pour into the pot. Cook, stirring, until the broth has thickened and is no longer cloudy.
- Stir in the spinach leaves and chicken meat.
- Taste the broth; add salt and pepper, as needed.
- Bring the soup to a gentle boil and continue cooking, uncovered and with occasional stirring, for a few minutes.
- Whisk the eggs in bowl.
- Turn off the heat. Pour the eggs in a thin stream over the entire surface of the soup. Leave to set for a few seconds before stirring.
- Taste the soup one last time and adjust the seasonings, if needed, before serving.