- chopped parsley
Brown the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 475F.
- Wipe the chicken with paper towels. Sprinkle with a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper. Mix well working the salt and pepper into the meat.
- Line a baking pan with non-stick paper. Spray or brush the paper lightly with oil.
- Dredge each piece of chicken in flour (make sure to coat completely) and arrange on the prepared tray.
- Drizzle each piece of chicken with about half a teaspoon of olive oil.
- Brown the chicken at 475F for 20 minutes.
Make the arrabbiata sauce
- Heat two tablespoons of olive oil in a pan. Add the garlic, onion, chili flakes and oregano. Saute until fragrant.
- Throw in the olives and capers. Cook for another minute.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes. Sprinkle in salt, pepper and a little sugar. How much salt pepper and sugar? To taste. Simmer, covered, until reduced by a quarter, about 10 minutes.
Braise the browned chicken in arrabbiata sauce
- Take the browned chicken out of the oven and add to the sauce.
- Simmer for 20 minutes or until the chicken is done and the sauce is very thick.
Serve the chicken arrabbiata
- Arrange the chicken pieces on a plate.
- Drizzle the remaining sauce over them.
- Sprinkle with parsley.
- Serve the chicken arrabbiata with rice, pasta or bread.