Cheesy Mushroom RiceBy
- 1 cup very hot newly-cooked rice
- 1 tablespoon butter at room temperature
- sliced mushrooms (I used canned but see notes after the recipe), drained well
- ¼ cup grated cheese
- 1 tablespoon snipped parsley
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- additional grated cheese and snipped parsley to garnish
- In a bowl, stir together the rice and butter until the butter is melted and every grain of rice is glistening.
- Add the mushrooms and stir.
- Add the cheese and stir until melted.
- Sprinkle in some salt and pepper.
- Add the parsley and stir.
- Top with more grated cheese and snipped parsley before serving.