Cheesy Kale TortaBy
- 6 large eggs
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan divided
- ¼ cup shredded sharp Cheddar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
- 1 medium onion peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup chopped salami
- 4 cups thinly sliced kale leaves only
- Preheat the oven (top heat only) to 400F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, half of the Parmesan and all of the Cheddar with a generous pinch of salt and a regular pinch of pepper. Set aside.
- In a frying pan that can go into the oven (no plastic parts!), heat the olive oil.
- Saute the onion until softened.
- Add the salami and garlic, and continue sauteeing until the reddish oil of the salami has mixed into the onion and garlic bits.
- Throw in the kale, sprinkle in a bit of salt and pepper (how much depends on how salty and spicy your salami is) and cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is quite dry.
- Pour in the egg and cheese mixture and stir well.
- Allow the eggs to partially cook (edges firm but center still jiggly).
- Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan on top of the torta and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Let the torta finish cooking in the oven until the top is lightly browned and crisp, about 15 minutes.
- Take the cheesy kale torta out of the oven, slice into wedges and serve while hot.