Cheesy Baked Salmon with Crispy Crumb ToppingBy
- 600 grams salmon fillet (see notes after the recipe)
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 175 grams cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
- ½ teaspoon dried garlic flakes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup panko
- Wipe the salmon fillet with paper towels and rub the lemon pepper seasoning directly on the flesh.
- Marinate in the fridge in a covered container for at least three hours.
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Take the salmon out of the fridge to allow to come to room temperature.
- Mix the cream cheese, onion flakes and garlic flakes.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a frying pan, add the panko and cook until the crumbs have absorbed all the butter.
- Wipe the frying pan and melt the remaining butter.
- Lay the salmon fillet in the hot butter, skin side up and sear for a minute. Flip and cook for another 30 seconds.
- Arrange in the salmon fillet, skin side down, in a baking tray lined with foil or non-stick paper.
- Spread the cream cheese on the entire top of the salmon.
- Pat the panko into the cream cheese.
- Bake the salmon in the oven for 10 minutes or until the crumbs are browned.
- Serve the cheesy baked salmon with crispy crumb topping with your vegetables of choice.