Cheese and Mushroom OmeletteBy
- Heat the butter in a pan and saute the mushrooms with half of the salt and pepper until lightly browned. Scoop out and transfer to a plate.
- Shred the mozzarella and cheddar.
- Beat the egg whites until peaks start to form (see notes after the recipe).
- Whisk the egg yolks with the cream and remaining salt and pepper.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the egg yolks.
- Reheat the remaining butter in the pan and spread the eggs to cover the entire bottom (use an offset spatula or the back of a spoon to spread the eggs evenly).
- Cook over medium-low heat until the edges are firm but the top is still wet.
- Spread the sauteed mushrooms on half of the omelette and top with the shredded cheeses.
- Fold the empty half of the omelette over to cover the cheeses and mushrooms. Continue cooking until the cheeses melt.
- Slide the omelette onto a plate and serve immediately.