Cauliflower “Fried Rice”By
- 1 large head cauliflower trimmed
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 onion roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and cut into small cubes
- ⅓ cup sweet peas
- 1 bell pepper cut into small cubes
- 1 to 1 ½ cups broccoli florets
- ¼ cup sweet corn kernels I used canned
- sesame seed oil
- chopped cashew nuts
- toasted sesame seeds
- fried garlic bits
- Cut the cauliflower into small pieces and dump into the food processor. Chop until you have pieces about the size of rice grains.
- Heat the cooking oil in a wok or frying pan.
- Saute the onion until softened.
- Turn up the heat. Add the carrot cubes and peas. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Stir fry for about half a minute.
- Add the bell pepper and broccoli florets. Sprinkle with more salt and pepper. Continue stir frying for a minute.
- Add the corn and chopped cauliflower. Sprinkle with salt and pepper again. Stir fry for half a minute then turn the heat down to medium. Continue cooking, stirring often, for another two to three minutes or until the cauliflower bits are cooked through but still lightly crisp.
- Off the heat, drizzle in a little sesame seed oil. Toss to blend. Taste and adjust the seasonings before serving.
- Ladle the cauliflower “fried rice” into bowls. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds, chopped nuts and a bit of fried garlic bits.