Cajun Shrimp and Mushroom Spaghetti
- 400 grams shrimps see notes after the recipe
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cayenne powder chili powder may be substituted
- 1 ½ teaspoons dried thyme
- 3 teaspoons sea salt or 1 ½ teaspoons refined salt
- Mix the shrimps with all the ingredients for the Cajun seasoning.
- Melt two tablespoons butter in a heavy pan and cook the shrimps, stirring often, for about two minutes.
- Scoop out the shrimps and set aside.
- Heat the remaining butter in the pan.
- Brown the mushrooms slices with generous pinches of salt and pepper.
- Pour in the cream; sprinkle in salt and pepper.
- Toss in the cooked pasta.
- Set aside half of the shrimps for garnish and stir the rest into the pan.
- Divide the Cajun shrimp and mushroom spaghetti among four bowls.
- Garnish with the reserved shrimps and chopped parsley before serving.