Cabbage, Carrot and Pineapple ColeslawBy
- 1 medium white cabbage
- 1 medium carrot
- ½ cup pineapple roughly chopped and drained (see notes after the recipe)
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Japanese mayo
- Remove the outermost leaves of the cabbage and discard.
- Rinse the cabbage and drain.
- Using a super sharp knife or a mandoline, shred the cabbage as finely as you can. Keep cutting just until you reach the core. Discard the core.
- Peel the carrot and julienne. You may slice it thinly using the mandoline then cut into matchsticks.
- Place the shredded cabbage, julienned carrot and drained pineapple in a bowl.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toss to distribute everything evenly. The best way to do this is with the fingers of both hands.
- Add the mayo to the vegetables. Toss (oh, please DON’T MIX) lightly just until everything is coated with mayo.
- Taste the coleslaw. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.