Butterscotch Peanut Butter BrowniesBy
- 1 and 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter at room temperature
- 1 ½ cups dark brown sugar loosely packed
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter morsels
- ½ cup dark chocolate morsels
- ½ cup roasted chopped pecans
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch orange zest (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 7″ x 11″ baking pan with non-stick paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, orange zest and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, mixing after each addition.
- Fold in the nuts, peanut butter morsels and dark chocolate morsels.
- Pour into the prepared pan (the batter will be heavy), scraping the sides of the mixing bowl. Smoothen the top for even thickness.
- Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool some more.
- Cut the butterscotch peanut butter brownies into two-inch squares.