Butterscotch Peanut Butter BrowniesRecipe by
Made with dark chocolate morsels, pecans and Reese’s peanut butter morsels, I baked these butterscotch brownies for Speedy’s birthday ten years ago.Because I love nuts in my brownies, I added chopped roasted pecans to the batter. Of course, you’re free to substitute some other nut — walnuts, cashew nuts and, yes, peanuts, should be just as good.
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Line a 7″ x 11″ baking pan with non-stick paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the eggs, orange zest and vanilla extract. Mix until smooth.
- Add the flour mixture in three batches, mixing after each addition.
- Fold in the nuts, peanut butter morsels and dark chocolate morsels.
- Pour into the prepared pan (the batter will be heavy), scraping the sides of the mixing bowl. Smoothen the top for even thickness.
- Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool some more.
- Cut the butterscotch peanut butter brownies into two-inch squares.
Updated from a recipe originally published in June 17, 2011