Butterscotch and Chocolate Combo BrowniesBy
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt.
- Mix the sugars in the melted butter.
- Add the eggs to the butter-sugar mixture one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Add the flour mixture to the butter-sugar-egg mixture and stir until well-blended. The mixture will be thick.
- Pour in the vanilla extract and mix to blend.
- Transfer half of the batter to another mixing bowl.
- Into one portion, stir in the cocoa powder.
- Using two ice cream scoops of the same size, drop the two batters alternately into a 5″ x 9″ baking pan forming a chess board pattern.
- Dip a pointed knife into the batter on one corner of the pan, drag to the opposite end, make a U-turn to return to the opposite direction… do this until you have covered the entire pan.
- Turn the pan 45 degrees and repeat.
- Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 30 to 40 minutes or until a skewer inserted at the center comes out dry but with a few fine crumbs clinging to it.
- Place the baking pan on a wire rack and cool completely.
- Cut the brownies into two-inch squares (or larger, if you prefer) and serve.