Breakfast Sausage BurritoBy
- cooking oil
- 300 grams spicy sausages Andouille or something similar
For the crispy potatoes
- 1 cup grated potatoes
- 1/3 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
For the omelet
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 large eggs beaten until frothy
- 100 grams mozzarella or other cheese or cheeses that melt well, shredded or thinly sliced
To complete the burritos
- 3 large flour tortillas
- alfalfa sprouts as much as you like
- lettuce as much as you like
- Lightly spray a frying pan with oil.
- Spread the sausages in the pan and fry over low heat, turning occasionally, until done.
- While the sausages fry, in another frying pan, melt the butter.
- Squeeze out as much water as you can from the potatoes then spread in a thin even layer on the bottom of the pan where you melted the butter. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cook the potatoes over low heat until the underside is browned. Flip to brown the opposite side.
- Melt the butter in a third frying pan. Pour in the beaten eggs and cook over low heat until set but still wet at the center. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread the cheese on one half of the eggs then fold the other half over the cheese. Cook just until the cheese melts.
- Lightly toast the flour tortillas on both sides.
- Place a flour tortilla on your work surface.
- Lay lettuce on it followed by alfalfa sprouts, a third of the omelet, a third of the crispy potatoes and one sausage (split the sausage vertically if large).
- Roll the tortilla, tucking in the sides, until the fillings are fully enclosed.
- Repeat with the remaining tortillas and fillings.
- Serve the breakfast sausage burritos immediately.