Boa Idéia Caipirinha
Boa idéia caipirinha, a cachaça-based drink, is a blazing topaz blue that all I could think of was the tropical sea on a summer day between sunrise and noon.
- 2 slices lime
- 1 tablespoon sugar or to taste
- 2 ounces cachaça
- 1 generous splash Blue Curaçao
- Place the lime and sugar in a shaker.
- Muddle them together.
- Pour in the cachaça, add ice and the Blue Curaçao.
- Pour into a tall glass and have fun.
Cachaça is a distilled spirit made from sugarcane juice. It is not rum. Can rum be subtituted for cachaça? The Brazilians will object but we have done that at times when we’ve run out of cachaça. Updated from a recipe published in April 15, 2013