- ¼ cup rolled oats
- ½ cup blueberries if they’re frozen, there’s no need to thaw
- ½ cup yogurt well chilled
- brown sugar to taste
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated ginger or to taste
- Put the oats in the blender pitcher and add enough water to cover. Allow to soak for 15 minutes.
- Add the blueberries to the oats and process until smooth.
- Add the yogurt. Process again until smooth.
- Add a tablespoonful of brown sugar and the grated ginger. Pulse a few times.
- Taste. Add more sugar, if the smoothie tastes too tangy. Pulse a few more times.
- Pour the smoothie into glasses and serve at once.