Enjoy an Italia meets America experience with BLT bruschetta. The five BLT ingredients — bacon, lettuce, tomato slices, bread and mayonnaise — are enhanced with cream cheese, grated garlic and chopped parsley.
- 1 baguette cut diagonally into half-inch slices
- 1 large clove garlic peeled and cut diagonally
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons cream cheese at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic grated
- 1 teaspoon parsley chopped
- lettuce (any variety although those with thinner and more pliable leaves are recommended), shredded
- 3 to 4 plump and juicy tomatoes thinly sliced
- 1 large white onion peeled, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 2 to 3 bacon rashers fried until crisp, drained and crumbled
- Parmesan cheese grated or crumbled
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Arrange eight baguette slices on a tray.
- Toast eight slices of the baguette until lightly crisp.
- While the bread slices toast, mix the mayonnaise, cream cheese, grated garlic and parsley.
- Take the bread out of the oven.
- Rub the cut side of the garlic on both sides of each slice of bread.
- Spread one side with the mayonnaise-cream cheese mixture.
- Cover each slice of bread with shredded lettuce.
- Top with tomato slices followed by onion rings. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper (optional).
- Sprinkle the crumbled bacon on each toast.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese on top of the bacon.
- Serve your BLT bruschetta at once.
Updated from a recipe originally published in May 28, 2013