- Pat the chicken thighs and drumsticks dry with paper towels. Place in a shallow bowl, add the salt and pepper, and mix well.
- Add the garlic, rosemary, thyme, caraway seeds and chopped onion to the chicken.
- Pour in the dark beer and root beer. Mix.
- Cover the bowl and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Drain the chicken.
- Strain the marinade.
- Heat enough cooking oil in a frying pan to reach a depth of two inches.
- Brown the chicken pieces in hot oil, in batches if necessary. You’re browning the chicken pieces for good texture; you’re not cooking them through at this point.
- While the chicken pieces brown, pour the strained marinade in a shallow pan and start heating it.
- Transfer the browned chicken pieces to the pan with the marinade.
- Add the chilies and pineapple tidbits.
- Braise the chicken (low heat!) for 30 minutes or until cooked through and the marinade has been soaked up.
- Serve the beer-braised chicken hot.