Protein, veggies and carbs in one perfect bowl. And the crowning glory? Grated Pecorino.
Store-bought smoked beef brisket was used here (it turns out we have a neighbor who’s in the smoked meat business and we buy directly from them). But, if you’re so inclined, you may want to try making slow cooker beef brisket BBQ and use it to make this pasta dish.
Beef Brisket BBQ Pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed beef brisket bbq (see notes after the recipe)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- cooked pasta for three (cook the noodles in generously salted water for best results)
- ¼ lemon
- basil leaves to garnish
- grated Pecorino to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the cubed beef brisket and toss just until heated through.
- Scoop out the beef and set aside.
- In the mixed oil in the pan, saute the onion and garlic until aromatic.
- Add the diced eggplant, sprinkle with a bit if salt and pepper and cook, tossing often, until the eggplant pieces are almost done.
- Throw in the diced bell pepper and cook, tossing, for about a minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle in a bit more salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, just until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables. Toss well.
- Add the beef to the noodles and vegetables. Toss until heated through.
- Squeeze the lemon directly over the beef brisket BBQ pasta and toss a few more times.
- Taste. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the beef brisket BBQ pasta among three bowls.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves and grated Pecorino.