Beef Brisket BBQ PastaBy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil not extra virgin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups cubed beef brisket bbq (see notes after the recipe)
- ¼ cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup diced eggplant
- ½ cup diced bell pepper
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- cooked pasta for three (cook the noodles in generously salted water for best results)
- ¼ lemon
- basil leaves to garnish
- grated Pecorino to garnish
- Heat the olive oil and butter in a large pan.
- Add the cubed beef brisket and toss just until heated through.
- Scoop out the beef and set aside.
- In the mixed oil in the pan, saute the onion and garlic until aromatic.
- Add the diced eggplant, sprinkle with a bit if salt and pepper and cook, tossing often, until the eggplant pieces are almost done.
- Throw in the diced bell pepper and cook, tossing, for about a minute.
- Add the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle in a bit more salt and pepper. Cook, tossing, just until the tomatoes are heated through.
- Add the cooked pasta to the vegetables. Toss well.
- Add the beef to the noodles and vegetables. Toss until heated through.
- Squeeze the lemon directly over the beef brisket BBQ pasta and toss a few more times.
- Taste. Add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- Divide the beef brisket BBQ pasta among three bowls.
- Garnish with torn fresh basil leaves and grated Pecorino.