BBQ and Mashed Potato Spring Rolls
- 1 kilograms beef brisket BBQ (cooked weight; see notes after the recipe), cooled
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (see notes after the recipe)
- 24 spring roll wrappers separated
- 1 cup shredded cheese (see notes after the recipe)
- 1 egg beaten
- cooking oil for deep frying
- Shred or chop the beef brisket BBQ.
- Stir parsley into the mashed potato.
- Take a spring roll wrapper and place a heaping tablespoon of mashed potatoes across the center.
- Top with a heaping tablespoon of pulled pork and a generous amount of shredded cheese.
- Brush the sides of the wrapper with the beaten eggs and roll (see illustration).
- Heat the oil in a wok or frying pan until fine wisps of smoke start to float on the surface.
- Fry the spring rolls, a few pieces at a time to avoid overcrowding, turning them over once the underside is lightly browned. Repeat until all the spring rolls have been fried.
- To serve, cut each spring roll into thirds or quarters to expose the layers of filling.