- cooking oil
- 3 eggs
- 6 saba bananas (see notes after the recipe)
- 3 to 6 chorizos depending on how small or large they are
- 300 to 400 grams chicharron (see notes after the recipe)
- cooked beans (we used canned)
- cooked rice
- In a frying pan, heat enough cooking oil to reach a depth of one inch.
- Fry the eggs in the hot oil, sunny side up. Scoop out and move to a plate.
- Peel the bananas and split into halves vertically.
- Reheat the oil and fry the bananas until lightly browned. Scoop out and move to another plate.
- Pour more oil into the pan to reach a depth of three inches.
- Score the chorizos and fry just until blistered. Scoop out and transfer to a plate.
- Over medium-low heat, fry the chicharron until crisp.
- Ladle rice into plates, place an egg beside the rice and add a scoop of beans.
- Arrange the chorizo, bananas and chicharron on the plate.
- Optionally, garnish with lime or lemon wedges before serving your bandeja paisa.