Baked Green Beans and Cherry TomatoesBy
- 2 tablespoons olive oil divided
- 1 teaspoon rosemary we used fresh, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced
- 1 pinch cayenne powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 300 to 400 grams green beans rinsed, trimmed and cut into halves
- 200 to 300 grams cherry tomatoes rinsed (see notes after the recipe)
- ⅓ cup panko
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- In a frying pan, heat half of the olive oil and saute the garlic and rosemary with the tomato paste and cayenne for about a minute.
- Add the green beans and cherry tomatoes, sprinkle in salt and pepper, and pour in half cup of water. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for ten minutes.
- While the vegetables simmer, toss together the panko, Parmesan and parsley.
- Remove the cover of the frying pan and turn off the heat. Taste the vegetables and add more salt and pepper, if needed.
- If your frying pan is NOT over-safe, scrape the vegetables and juices into a baking pan (read more details after the recipe).
- Sprinkle the panko mixture over the vegetables.
- Drizzle the remaining olive oil evenly over the topping.
- Bake the beans and tomatoes, uncovered, at 400F for ten minutes or just until the pan juices bubble and the topping is lightly browned.