Baked Apple Spring RollsBy
- 2 Granny Smith apples
- juice of ¼ lemon
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons butter melted
- 12 medium spring roll wrappers separated
- egg wash
- dark chocolate melted (optional)
- powdered sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- Line a baking sheet with non-stick paper.
- Peel and core the apple. Cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- In a bowl, toss the apple with the kalamansi juice. Add the flour, toss and make sure that every piece of the apple is coated well. The flour will make the apple juice syrupy during baking.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Toss to blend.
- Fill each wrapper with about two tablespoons of the filling. Wrap and seal well using the egg wash (see how to wrap spring rolls).
- Arrange the spring rolls on the prepared baking sheet. Drizzle each one with melted butter.
- Bake at 375 for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown (see notes after the recipe).
- Serve by themselves or, for a bit of indulgence, drizzle melted dark chocolate and sprinkle powdered sugar over the baked apple spring rolls before serving.