One of the fastest and easiest pasta dishes that we make at home, bacon pesto pasta can be a full meal, a snack or a side dish.
Pasta is cooked in salty water, drained and while hot, pesto is added. Pasta and pesto are tossed together and the bacon is added just before serving. It’s a very simple dish, really, but because both pesto and bacon have highly nuanced flavors, once added to pasta, the result is simply superb.
Bacon Pesto Pasta
- Boil three to four cups of water in a pot and stir in the salt.
- Add the pasta in the boiling water and cook until done but with still a little bite at the center (al dente, as the Italians say).
- Drain the pasta well.
- In a mixing bowl (or even in the same pot where you cooked the pasta), dump the drained noodles and add the pesto.
- Toss the pasta and pesto until blended.
- Add the bacon and toss.
- Transfer the bacon pesto pasta to a plate or shallow bowl and sprinkle with grated Parmesan before serving.