Bacon and Asparagus MuffinsBy
- 125 grams belly bacon chopped
- ⅓ cup baby asparagus finely sliced
- ⅓ cup garlic chives finely sliced
- ¼ cup butter
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅕ cup full-fat milk
- ⅓ cup cottage cheese well drained
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Line a six-hole muffin pan with paper cups.
- Heat a frying pan on the stovetop and add the chopped bacon. Cook until lightly browned.
- Add the asparagus and spring garlic. Cook, stirring often, for about half a minute.
- Turn off the stove. Pour off the excess bacon fat.
- Add the butter to the pan and swirl until melted. Set aside to cool a bit.
- In a bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar.
- In another bowl, lightly beat the egg and milk.
- Add the cheese to the flour mixture, breaking up large lumps and toss to coat the cheese with flour.
- Add the bacon mixture and the milk-egg mixture to the flour-cheese mixture. Stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened, no more than a dozen turns.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 350F and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Serve the muffins while still warm.