Baby Potatoes and Corn SaladBy
Lemon Butter Garlic Dressing
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ cup butter
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- Rinse and scrub the baby potatoes well. If more than one inch in diameter, you may want to cut them into halves or quarters.
- Place the baby potatoes in a pan, cover with water, add the vinegar and about a teaspoon of salt. Bring to the boil.
- Lower the heat, cover and simmer until a skewer inserted at the center goes through with no resistance.
- While the potatoes cook, steam the corn. How long this process takes depends on the variety of corn you use. On the average, 20 to 30 minutes should be long enough.
- Drain the potatoes and transfer to a plate to cool.
- Take the corn off the steamer and cool.
- Roughly chop the red onion and bell pepper.
- Take the cooled ears of corn and cut off the kernels.
Make the dressing
- Place the butter and garlic in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on HIGH for 10 to 20 seconds or until the butter is fully melted.
- Stir in the lemon juice.
- Season with salt and pepper.
Assemble the salad
- Place the potatoes, corn kernels, red onion, bell pepper, scallions and dill in a bowl.
- Toss to distribute the ingredients evenly.
- Pour in the dressing and toss some more.