We all deal with hot weather differently. For my part, the answer is smoothies and light meals.
In this recipe, I combined avocado, cucumber and blueberry. It might sound like a strange combination but, trust me, it’s good. All the ingredients contain enough sweetness to make the addition of sugar or other sweetener unnecessary.
Avocado, Cucumber and Blueberry Smoothie
- 1 ripe avocado
- ½ cucumber
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ to ⅓ cup fresh blueberries
- Cut the avocado and discard the stone.
- Scoop out the flesh and cut into pieces.
- Peel the cucumber, then scrape and discard the seeds.
- Cut the flesh into pieces.
- Dump the avocado and cucumber into the pitcher of the blender.
- Pour in the milk.
- Process until smooth.
- Add the blueberries and about four ice cubes.
- Process again until smooth.