Arugula and Alfalfa Sprouts SaladBy
For the honey, mustard and ginger dressing
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup olive oil
- juice from half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon finely grated ginger
For the salad
- 2 generous handfuls torn lettuce
- 2 generous handfuls baby arugula
- 2 small handfuls alfalfa sprouts
- 2 cups herbed croutons (we make ours but store bought is okay)
- bacon cooked to a crisp (dice or crumble or leave whole) as much as you like
- your favorite cheese shaved, as much as you like
- Stir together all the ingredients for the salad dressing.
- Rinse and the lettuce, arugula and alfalfa sprouts.
- Pass the vegetables through a salad spinner to remove excess moisture.
- Assemble your salad. Make the lettuce, arugula and alfalfa sprouts as the base.
- Scatter the herbed croutons on top and around the vegetables.
- Add the bacon and cheese.
- Drizzle the honey, mustard and ginger dressing over everything and enjoy.